- Support Groups
Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds
Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds is a group for anyone that wants to focus on improving physical and mental health.
In cooperation with Wood County Park District we now offer Tai Chi at a beautiful County Park location.
What You Should Expect
- Meets weekly for an hour, free of charge
- Designed for anyone affected by mental illness or community members interested in Tai Chi
- Facilitated by a trained NAMI Hearts and Minds instructors
- Locations near Bowling Green.
*Please wear comfortable clothing and appropriate foot attire. *
What a Typical Meeting Looks Like
- Starts with 10 minutes of Tai Chi warm-up exercises
- Each week varies with agenda, typically:
- teaching of 24 Movement Yang Short Form
- Ends with visualization or guided meditation
This is a NAMI Wood County group but it is not focused specifically on mental illness. This is a relaxed environment for individuals living with a mental illness and their family or friends as well as community members to gather together and encourage healthy living.
When are Meetings?
Weekly on Tuesdays
September to May
at Carter Historic Farm
18331 Carter Road, Bowling Green, OH 43402 Map It!