Mental health treatment is more than therapy and medication...it's treating the whole person! Spiritual, physical, and emotional health matter too for our mental wellness. Join NAMI Wood County and local therapists and panelists as we talk about a holistic approach to recovery.
**IN-PERSON AND ONLINE OPTIONS AVAILABLE FOR ATTENDEES**
This spring, NAMI Wood County will be hosting a one day, hybrid conference available to both clinicians and community members. Participants will learn different treatment techniques and working with populations that can be difficult to connect with, including clients involved in the justice system, children, and individuals experiencing suicidal thoughts Additionally, participants will have the opportunity to learn about cultural competency and implicit bias as it relates to their practice as well as learn about some of the NAMI core programs offered.
**7 CEUs including 1.5 Ethic CEUs available from the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage & Family Therapist Board**
Follow us on social media for all the latest updates on our programming!
Please be sure to choose your breakout session's track (Clinical or Community) when purchasing tickets!
9:00-10:35a.m.: Welcome, Housekeeping, and Keynote Speaker
10:45-11:30a.m.: Peer Programming Panel
11:30-12:00p.m.: Lunch Provided
12:00-1:30p.m.: NAMI Family and Friends Presentation
1:40-3:10p.m.: Breakout sessions:
- Clinical Track: Connecting with Clients
- Community Track: Treatment Methods
3:20-4:50p.m.: Breakout sessions:
- Clinical Track: Cultural Competency and Implicit Bias As It Relates to Clinical Practice
- Community Track: Advocating for Appropriate Care for Your Loved One and You
4:50-5:00p.m.: Closing and Evaluations
Topics during this one day conference will include:
- The importance of peer-facilitated programs in the recovery model
- How to connect better with different clientele demographics
- Some of the treatment options in the Northwest Ohio area
- How cultural competency and implicit bias can affect therapeutic settings
Learn more about our resource tables!