NAMI Basics is an educational program for parents and caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses. It covers the fundamentals of caring for yourself, for your family and for your child.
What You Should Expect
- Meets for six sessions, 2.5 hours each, free of charge.
- Designed for parents and other family caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illness.
- Taught by a team of trained teachers who are family caregivers of individuals who developed symptoms of mental illness as children.
- Provides critical information and strategies related to caregiving.
- Incorporates presentations, discussion and interactive exercises.
- Brand new is the OnDemand program
- Also guided by parents and family members
- Available 24/7
- Offers flexibility and allows one to finish the course on their schedule
Why You Should Attend
- Up-to-date information on a range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain.
- Current research on treatments including evidence-based therapies, medications
- Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system, school system
and juvenilejustice system.