This spring, we are hosting our NAMI Basics, Kidshop, and WRAP for Kids program on Saturday mornings starting April 22 at 9:30am! As a parent or caregiver, you can attend the NAMI Basics class while your kiddos attend Kidshop or WRAP for Kids. All kids attending programming must be potty trained. If you have questions about your child's eligibility, please contact our office.
Read the descriptions below to learn more about these programs:
NAMI Basics is an educational program for parents and caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses. It covers the fundamentals of caring for yourself, your family, and your child.
NAMI Kidshop is a free, innovative, activity-based workshop for children in 2nd-8th grade whose lives have been impacted by a mental health diagnosis.
Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) for Kids Workshop is a free of charge, self-designed course on identifying personal wellness tools for your child.
Spring Class Register Now Open!
Please fill out the form before to be alerted about our upcoming class:
What You Should Expect
- Online class offered over GoToMeeting.
- Meets for six sessions, two hours each, free of charge.
- Designed for parents and other family caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illness.
- Taught by a team of trained teachers who are family caregivers of individuals who developed symptoms of mental illness as children.
- Provides critical information and strategies related to caregiving.
- Incorporates presentations, discussion, and interactive exercises.
Why You Should Attend
- Up-to-date information on a range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain.
- Current research on treatments including evidence-based therapies, medications,
- Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system, school system,
andthe juvenilejustice system.
NAMI also offers an online self-paced version of NAMI Basics called NAMI Basics OnDemand. To learn, click here.