WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT
- Online class offered over GoToMeeting.
- Meets for six sessions, two hours each, free of charge.
- Designed for parents and other family caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illness.
- Taught by a team of trained teachers who are family caregivers of individuals who developed symptoms of mental illness as children.
- Provides critical information and strategies related to caregiving.
- Incorporates presentations, discussion, and interactive exercises.
Why you should attend
- Up-to-date information on a range of mental illnesses and their impact on the brain.
- Current research on treatments including evidence-based therapies, medications, and side effects.
- Preparation for interactions with the mental health care system, school system, and the juvenile justice system.
FALl dates coming soon!
NAMI Basics is an educational program for parents and caregivers of children and adolescents living with mental illnesses. It covers the fundamentals of caring for yourself, your family, and your child.